Wearing contact lens has many advantages but some people suffer from contact lens discomfort. A study by the American Academy of Ophthalmology revealed that among young adults, 25% of visits to the ophthalmology is due to eye problems due to contact lenses. If you wear contact lens, you may be quite happy with them. On the other hand you may be experiencing some discomfort. Here are some reasons as well as tips to help you manage your discomfort with eyelid wipes, such as Oculeaf Eyelid Wipes:
Contact lens discomfort – symptoms
- Stinging, burning, itching in the eyes
- Dry eyes
- Pain, eyes’ watering, redness
- Blurred vision, sensitivity to light
These symptoms might indicate simple issues such as problems with the fit or a serious problem like corneal infection and ulcer. If you think contact lens discomfort is normal, then you’re very wrong! After the initial acclimation period, the lens should feel comfortable at all times. In fact, you shouldn’t even notice you are wearing them.
Reasons which cause discomfort due to contact lens
The lens are not a good fit
If your lens does not fit well, it can lead to serious problems. Your lenses rest directly on the eyes, buoyed by the tear film and a multi-layer of oil protectant (mucin, water and oil). Ill-fitting lenses may cause you extreme discomfort. If you experience any symptoms of discomfort, you should get them redone with the right measurement.
Dry eye caused by tear film drying out
Wearing contacts may sometimes dry out the tear film, and you experience all the dry eye symptoms such as burning, itching, pain and red eyes. A good solution for this is to use doctor prescribed artificial tears.
Another solution is to clean your eyes daily with Oculeaf Eyelid Wipes which is pre-moistened with tea tree oil. It will help to manage dry eyes as it will lubricate the tear film and you could use eyelid wipes before you put on the lenses. TTO is the best natural remedy for all kinds of eye problems, even dry eyes caused by contact lenses.
Eat well to have better tear quality
Eat a nutritious diet composed of omega-3 fatty acids and include flaxseed oil as a supplement. It will improve the composition of the tears, making it more oily. Oiler tear film will prevent evaporation of tears, as well as allowing lenses rest comfortably on your eyes’ tear film.
Sharing contacts increase the chances of eye infections. Wearing someone else’s contacts means they won’t fit well and can cause damage to the cornea. Teenagers are usually prone to share their contacts, and should be advised not to do so.
Practice right hygiene
Contacts can get damaged due to rough handling. Damaged contacts should never be worn. Also, it is imperative to wash hands before wearing your contacts. This simple hygienic practice will save you from infections due to germs from your hand.
Why you should Oculeaf Eyelid wipes
Features of Oculeaf eyelid wipes
- Contains natural moisturizer which hydrates and refreshes eyelids & eyes – The natural moisturizers Sodium Hyaluronate and Tea Tree Oil keeps eyes refreshed and shooting which helps to wear contacts comfortably every day. If your tear film is properly lubricated, you will not experience the discomfort due to dry eyes.
- Wipes are pre-moistened with tea tree oil -So why should you use Oculeaf eyelid wipes? Well, because it is formulated using Tea Tree Oil (TTO)as one of the main ingredients. TTO is considered to be the best for controlling/preventing eye infection.
- Free from parabens, fragrance, SLS and preservatives – Oculeaf Eyelid wipes are free from all harmful chemicals, making it safest for daily use. It removes eye exudates, dust, mites and bacteria.
How to use Oculeaf Eyelid Wipes
Step 1: Wash your hands and close your eyes.
Step 2: Gently clean your eyelids with a pre-moistened Oculeaf Wipe from the center to the corner of your eyes. Repeat for the other eye contour too.
Step 3: Insert your contact lenses after washing hands.
Use Oculeaf eyelid wipes twice a day, before inserting and after removing your contact lenses for best results. Oculeaf is available in 12 and 24 wipes’ pre-moistened wipes, which you can carry around easily.
For more information, visit www.waypham.com, and in case of severe problems do visit your ophthalmologist.